Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jet Airways leads domestic airlines growth

The Indian aviation sector continued its upward swing in November, carrying 4.88 million passengers in the domestic segment, compared to 4.62 million in October 2010, even as Jet Airways emerged the top performer having a 19.2 per cent (or 9.34 lakh passengers) marketplace share.

About 46.8 million passengers utilized domestic airlines in January-November 2010, which shows an 18.9 per cent growth compared to the similar period last year, based on details released by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).

Jet Airways had the greatest percentage share of the domestic marketplace of 19.2 per cent (9.34 lakh passengers) even though its sister carrier Jet Lite had a 7 per cent share (3.43 lakh), which adds as much as a total 26.2 per cent marketplace share.

Kingfisher Airlines was second having a 19.1 per cent (9.32 lakh) marketplace share, followed by Indigo with 17.3 per cent (8.43 lakh) and Air India with 17.1 per cent (8.36 lakh). Spice Jet recorded a 13.3 per cent share (6.50 lakh) even though Go Air brought up the rear with 6.9 per cent (3.37 lakh).

The seat issue was the greatest for IndiGo (91 per cent), followed by Spice Jet (87.5 per cent), Kingfisher Airlines (86.7 per cent), Go Air (85.4 per cent), JetLite (82 per cent), Jet Airways (77 per cent), and the lowest for the national carrier Air India (76.9) per cent.

The overall on-time performance of the domestic airlines for November 2010 was 76.4 per cent.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving information about the Jet Airways leads domestic airlines growth. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a huge fan of airline stocks but I did own WestJet at one point. I don't know how sustainable the industry is with the oil prices going up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the best airline service internationally now it is stretching its hands at domestic level with the assurance of best service as it does at international level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Year's good news! Jet Airways is performing well, isn't it? More success for Jet Airways! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jet Airways is really that good. I mean the airlines is not popular but I experienced it's service when my travel agency book a flight from Milan to Belgium. The service was great! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing some information about this Airline growth. Be back for more informative updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As per the information, Jet Airways is having the high percentage share of the domestic marketplace of 19.2 per cent (9.34 lakh passengers) still its sister carrier Jet Lite had a 7 per cent share (3.43 lakh), that adds as much as total 26.2 per cent marketplace share. I think it is leading more as compare to other airlines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jet airways is one of the best airline service internationally now it is expanding at domestic level with the assurance of best service as it does at international level.

    ReplyDelete

Please Do not spam! click few Ads (Above or Right) Please.